Monday, February 17, 2014

Giambattista Valli 2014





____________________________________________________________________


Wow!  The 2014 runway show of Italian designer Giambattista Valli is absolutely gorgeous!
I love that it's so feminine and structural, but yet silhouette is what makes these pieces so stunning.
He really knows how to flatter a woman's body, even with all the intricate details that could make someone look bigger.  By placing volume and creating curves in the right places it really makes the body look like an hourglass.  So genius!

He plays with other silhouettes as well, and they all seem to work great with the material and details that he chooses.  I'm not the biggest fan of floral, but I do like it a lot, especially when it's done well.  
These pieces look like a work of art, so I had to draw at least one dress.  I think I'll be drawing more of his dresses, especially the second collection of photos.

What do you think?

X
Dee





No comments:

Post a Comment